NACO supports Angel investors, accelerators, and incubators across the country through education, connections, events, and research. Who's the team behind these important initiatives? Let's get to know them! In the Employee Spotlight blog series, you'll get to know the diverse group of people that work towards supporting Canada's early-stage ecosystem.
For this edition of NACO's Employee Spotlight, we're getting to know our Director of Finance Elena Dudarenko. Elena has been with NACO for almost three years and has been a great addition to the team. She's warm and welcoming, and ensures that the team at NACO is always having fun! This week we got a chance to sit down with Elena to get to know her better!
My role at NACO has been consistently changing for over 2.5 years now and I had my hands on different projects in Research & Education, Events (proud to say I've helped to organize and attended 3 Annual and 4 Regional Summits across Canada), Operations, and finally I've landed in Finance (where my heart belongs). As Director of Finance, I oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department, monitor expenses and adjust the projections for company's success and handling day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, etc.
- I used to do hip-hop for 5 years
- I learned Polish (I wanted to move to Poland), German (didn't like pronunciation), and French (just for fun in university as I really like the sound of it)
- I had my nose pierced for a few years
- Despite being Ukrainian-Canadian I prefer really hot weather (like 30+)
- I don't like mac n'cheese
- I want to have 5 or more dogs